Suicide and Financial Difficulties
Aims and target audience
The Suicide and Financial Difficulties course is aimed at individuals and organisations who support those in financial difficulty. Organisations or departments that deal directly with people in financial difficulty are ideally placed to identify individuals who are thinking of suicide and thus help break that link and save lives.
Individuals will gain skills that will enable them to feel more confident when confronted with someone who is suicidal.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe your own attitude to suicide and how this may impact on work with suicidal clients
- Recognise when clients are having suicidal thoughts, and explain how to respond
- Discuss client confidentiality issues around suicide
- Identify agencies that clients can be signposted to for help
- Recognise the importance of self-care and develop an action plan for your own self-care
Delivery methods and styles
This course is delivered using real case studies and interactive activities.
Knowledge and skills required of the trainers
All instructors are licenced through MHFA Wales and have completed the Suicide & Financial Difficulties Instructor Training.
Assessment, CPD credits, certification
This course is accredited by Agored Cymru in partnership with Adult Learning Wales.
This course has been run for and on behalf of various organisations including Local Citizens Advice Bureau, Welsh Government and The Institute of Money Advisors.