Suicide Bereavement Training
Aims and target audience
Our Suicide Bereavement Training is a training package that educates communities in supporting those bereaved through suicide. Upon completion of the training the learner will have had the opportunity to develop their knowledge and practical tools to confidently:
- Develop an understanding of the grief journey of those bereaved through suicide
- Have the confidence to ask someone if they bereaved
- Safely support someone bereaved through suicide
- Use our unique helping hand support plan
- Support those bereaved by suicide
- Reduce the Stigma surrounding Suicide
- Provide an understanding of the support required when bereaved through suicide
- Increase confidence to communicate compassionately if you are concerned about someone
- Provide practical skills to promote support after bereavement through suicide
- Support and signpost families, friends, colleagues, communities who are bereaved by Suicide
Delivery methods and styles
Power Point presentation, groups activities, videos and groups discussions.
Knowledge and skills required of the trainers
The training is carried out by qualified and experienced practitioner-trainers in order to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our participants.
The practitioners have direct experience of supporting adults who have experienced suicidal thoughts and families bereaved by suicide.
Involvement of people with lived experience
The training has been co-designed by people with lived experience of suicide ideation and by those bereaved by suicide.
Assessment, CPD credits, certification
Fully certified by CPD Certification Service